8th Symposium (February 3, 2015 Fukuoka)
8th Health-Related Academic Symposium
On February 3, 2015 (Tuesday), the 8th Health-Related Academic Symposium (hosts: Sankei Shimbun sponsor: Fordays) was held at Acros Fukuoka in Fukuoka City. This time, on the topic of boosting our 'immune system' and living healthier lives. Lectures were given by Dr. Ryoichi Obitsu (Honorary Director of Obitsu Sankei Hospital) and Professor Tokiyoshi Ayabe (Hokkaido University, Graduate School of Advanced Life Sciences, Cell Biology Sciences), Dr. Koji Usumi (Life Science Institute) and Yuko Arimori (former professional marathon athlete / Ikiiki Health Ambassador of the Ministry of Health, Labor and Welfare). In the panel discussion engaged the 1,500 people in attendance with various presentations on food and health. Grasping the interest of the audience throughout the hall, the symposium full of laughter from beginning to end.
Comments from the Audience
- Thank you. It was a very meaningful time for both my work and daily life.
- I was impressed by Ms. Arimori's positive story. The contents of the lecturers were also helpful and easy to understand.
- It was helpful to learn that "tokimeki" is important for boosting the immune system from Dr. Obitsu's lecture.
- I learned about the importance of not relying on medicine, food and knowing how my body works.
- I have learned and collected a lot of new information. I hope to use the things I've learned to live a longer life. Thank you very much.
- I was able to rethink about my health from various aspects, from work to prevention. Ms. Arimori's story was fun. I learned that it is important to be positive and enthusiastic.